Lesson 1 Monday 27th April
Read the synopsis of Kick below.
Budi had a difficult decision to make, both options would lead to serious consequences. Do you think Budi should steal the boots for Dragon?
Lesson 2 Tuesday 28th April
Using this book as our inspiration, we are going to write a newspaper article about fair trade. Make sure you have read the pages from Monday on Budi’s working conditions at the factory.
Also read these real life examples of working conditions for children around the world who work in factories that produce sporting goods.
Lesson 3 Wednesday 29th April
Today, we are going to look at biased and unbiased newspaper reports. Open the worksheet below.
Lesson 4 Thursday 30th April
Features of a newspaper
Have a look at the link and the pictures to find out what the features of a newspaper are. Newspapers are also written in past tense and formal language.
Can you find these features in the article?
Lesson 5 Friday 1st May
Quotes can either be direct or indirect speech. Read the powerpoint, then have a go at the questions.
Turn these sentences into direct speech - including inverted commas/quotation marks/speech marks in the new sentence.
She said that she hated me.
“I hate you,” she said.
1) Mrs Morgan claimed that the Summer Fair would be a success.
2) Mr Woodley shouted at the boy to stop running in the hall.
3) Jim laughed at Sarah, saying her dress was silly.
4) Emma told Eddie that he could not come to the party.
5) Sally complained that her shoes were too tight.
6) Chris mumbled that he felt sick
7) Joe exclaimed that he won the match!
8) Carol offered to cook the dinner.
9) Peter told his mum that he did not want to eat his cabbage.
10) Mr McNally told his class that they were being far too noisy.
11) Hayley shouted at the dog to stop barking.
12) The fireman begged the cat to come down from the tree